Security services and mechanisms
- ITU-T provides some security services and some mechanisms to implement those services.
- Security services and mechanisms are closely related because a mechanism or combination of mechanisms are used to provide a service..
- Authentication: assures recipient that the message is from the source that it claims to be from.
- Access Control: controls who can have access to resource under what condition
- Availability: available to authorized entities for 24/7.
- Confidentiality: information is not made available to unauthorized individual
- Integrity: assurance that the message is unaltered
- Non-Repudiation: protection against denial of sending or receiving in the communication
Relation between security services and mechanisms